Services for Water-Dispersible Granule Formulations
The team at AgraForm has decades of experience with Dry Flowables like Water-Dispersible Granules. We offer contract manufacturing services specializing in bulk formulation and storage of pesticides, fungicides and other agrichemicals. We offer process formulation, packaging and other manufacturing services to agriculture companies who continually develop, design and distribute chemical products that improve the quality of our lives.
WDGs are a solid, non-dusty granular formulation which disperses or dissolves quickly when added to water in the spray tank to give a fine particle suspension.
They provide a system for delivering solid active ingredients to a target organism. They allow for the production of highly-concentrated formulations which are wettable and easily disintegrated on contact with water. WDGs are an attractive alternative to wettable powder (WP) formulations due to their reduction in dust production.
Visit our page on Contract Spray Drying services for more information.
Request a Quote
“*” indicates required fields
Dry Packaging Area
Water-Dispersible Granules FAQ's
What is a Water-Dispersible Granule?
Water-dispersible granules, also known as dry flowables, are like wettable powders except instead of being dustlike, they are formulated as small, easily measured granules. Water-dispersible granules must be mixed with water to be applied. Once in water, the granules break apart into fine particles similar to wettable powders. The formulation requires constant agitation to keep them suspended in water until they can be spray dried for packaging.
What Dry Flowable Formulations Do You Contract Manufacture?
We work with all dry flowables common to the agri-chemical arena. The most common types of dry flowables we work with include:
- Water-Dispersible Granules (WG or WDG) – are similar to wettable powders, except the particle size is larger and the overall product is less dust prone. They form a suspension when dispersed in water and require agitation to prevent settling.
- Granules (GR) – are dry flowables made up of carrier particles that contain active ingredients and are designed to be spread over a surface. They should be dust minimal and easily break apart upon contact with water.
What does it Cost to Formulate, Dry and Package Water-Dispersible Granule Formulations?
Cost is mainly determined by several factors:
- What raw materials are required to manufacture your product? Raw material costs can vary, but we have many common process formula inputs onsite in bulk that offer you a cost advantage at AgraForm.
- What processing steps are involved? Some products require more thorough milling or additional processing steps which can add costs.
- How much product are you planning to contract out? As a bulk water-dispersible granules manufacturer we can offer discounts to larger batches of product outputs, but also offer an affordable test facility for smaller product runs.
- Which tests much be performed to ensure quality standards are being met? More tests, and certain types of tests, increase expense but are necessary to ensure quality. Our experienced process experts make sure your products are up to spec without costing you more by over-testing.
There are other varying factors, but those are the largest ones. For an exact cost estimate, please contact us or call 314-353-5325
How do I get started?
If you have a lab formulation and want to start scaling up to full manufacturing or you are looking for additional production capacity, now is the time to reach out to AgraForm. Simply Call (314) 353-5325 or fill out our contact form and one of our process experts will get in-touch with you by the next business day.
We offer agri-chem manufacturers turnkey bulk formulation and scale-up services for dry flowables including product formulation, milling & grinding, spray drying, packaging and shipment.